18/1/12

All bodiless essences...


















Kostas Koutsourelis

Ventus augustus 6

Over the water I contemplate and bow.
I write a word: Sea. Then another: Eden.
I record in an imrpovised row

on this liquid diary all the "Nos"
all the "Naughts" and "Don' ts".
All bodiless essences, speechless worlds,

sparkle for an instant on the foam.
I look around me. Nobody here.
Like a forgotten relative the sphere

of the Sun is hanging yellow over the beach
-a mark persisting at celestial height.
Over the water I contemplate and write.

My hand is guided by Promise inch by inch.
Letter by letter I preserve It´s name.
I come to the beginning and I do the same.


Over the water I write and contemplate.




Translation into English: Elena Stagkouraki


********************************


               Αέρας αύγουστος 6


ΠΡΟΣΗΛΩΜΕΝΟΣ
σκύβω στο νερό.
    Γράφω τη λέξη: θάλασσα. Τη λέξη: Εδέμ.
  Σε μια αυτοσχέδια σειρά καταχωρώ

  πάνω στο υδάτινο χαρτί όλα τα δεν,
    όλα τα μη, όλα τα τίποτα.
  Όλα τ' ασώματα νοήματα τ' ανείπωτα

  για μια στιγμή αστράφτουν στον αφρό.
    Κοιτάζω γύρω μου. Άλλος κανείς.
  Μονάχα ο ήλιος, ξεχασμένος συγγενής,

  κρεμιέται κίτρινος πάνω απ' την παραλία,
    σινιάλο επίμονο στον άμετρο ουρανό.
  Προσηλωμένος γράφω. Σταθερό

το χέρι μου οδηγεί η Επαγγελία.
    Γράμμα το γράμμα τ' όνομά της συντηρώ.
  Στην ίδια πάντοτε επιστρέφω αφετηρία.

  Προσηλωμένος γράφω στο νερό.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: