21/1/12

Salome...





















Kostas Koutsourelis

Ventus augustus 24

What is left for  me to understand?
The afternoon glooming, pending
the phone -for how long?- the blaring

gust of noise from the street;
words and motors and apologies in vain.
Without sextant, astrolabe or choice

I set a straight course: my life.
Like a red ribbon is flapping my voice
-I cut it and I sew it as I like,

 a cruel flag that I hang upon my shoulder.
I' m the law that broke the law,
the ball not fitting the revolver.

And still; it takes a little longer
and the ink will bolt the asphalt.
Salome will shake on the plate 

John Baptist's awful head, for that's his fate.


Translation into English: Elena Stagkouraki

*********************************

          Αέρας αύγουστος 24


  ΤΙ ΜΕΝΕΙ ΠΙΑ να καταλάβω ;
   σκυφτό το απόγευμα, εκκρεμές
  –για πόσο ακόμα ;– το τηλέφωνο, οι ριπές

  του σαματά απ' τον δρόμο :
   λόγια, μετάνοιες μάταιες, μηχανές.
  Χωρίς εξάντα και αστρολάβο

  χαράζω ευθεία γραμμή : η ζωή μου.
   Κορδέλα κόκκινη τινάζεται η φωνή μου·
  όπως μ' αρέσει εγώ την κόβω και τη ράβω,

  σημαία σκληρή την αναρτώ στον ώμο.
   Ο νόμος είμαι που αθέτησε τον νόμο,
  η σφαίρα που στην κάννη

  δεν χωράει. Κι ωστόσο : λίγο ακόμη
   και θα χυθεί στην άσφαλτο η μελάνη·
  θα βγει κραδαίνοντας φρικτό η Σαλώμη

  πάνω στο πιάτο το κεφάλι του Ιωάννη.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: